[ SHOWGSD-L ] Generator versus Inverter

  • From: "Robert George" <bruiser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 16:10:09 -0600

We have been thinking of replacing the generator because it is pretty loud.
It started running a little rough at shows this weekend and back fired a few
times so we are thinking now may be time to purchase a new one.  Then I
heard some talking about generators and he was saying that he is going to
get an inverter for his truck instead of a new generator.  He said that his
work trucks have them and they are reliable.

That got me thinking that maybe an inverter is the way to go.  No worrying
about whether it is going to start, if the gas is too old, if you remembered
to get gas :) , no noise, no loading the heavy thing up, no platform on the
back for it that prevents the back doors from opening, etc, etc.

It just seems too easy though.  So I turn to you all on the list for more
info.  Does anyone have experience with inverters in the 3,000 to 3,500
watts?  I only need one large enough to run my K9 II blower.  Are there any
drawbacks?  I'd like to hear them.

Thanks so much,
-Bob George

http://showgsd.org/mail.html