[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: General--Important but long, sorry for length but worth...

  • From: GreyPines@xxxxxxx
  • To: f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:36:17 EDT

Kris:
Lets please correct a piece of information about me reviewing the  proposals.
I received the Proposals in the Board meeting after Sharon began to discuss
them. You will recall that I asked about the computation of the $$ numbers
that Sharon presented. They did not look reasonable to me in all cases. It was
only then that I was handed copies of each proposal package. Then I went
through  them in detail to determine if the numbers presented by Sharon were
accurate. I  found that some were not and presented corrections to the Board.
You will also recall, that we held off on the voting while I did the quick
review of the dfollar amounts.
LaMar, who had had the bids in his possession possibly even before the  Board
meeting as you will recall, commented that yes, he woundered about some of
the $ amounts.
Regards
Bill Pfeiffer

In a message dated 10/8/2005 11:14:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
We were  not provided copies of the bids- when I asked why not Sharon
appeared to me  to get defensive and said I should have known to ask for
them- Since I did  not know when they were solicited, or how many were
received, I told her  how would I know and specifically asked to be provided
copies in the  future- the bid was reviewed at length by Lamar Fredericks, as
our counsel,  and by Bill Pfeiffer. I do believe that the bid was good but as
a Board  member would have preferred having all the bids before the meeting-
I do  think this fiasco has occurred due to poor communication after the
vote-  ours / theirs / or both.  We need to put a plug in the hole   to
prevent a reoccurrence-Kris