[ SHOWGSD-L ] Gaston County North Carolina....EXPERIMENTING on GSD puppies!!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:22:22 -0700 (PDT)

Gaston county NC has what they like to term a "vet tech" program in which they
remove the younger and older dogs from their "shelter" and use them to practice
taking blood and other procedures. I can only hazard a guess as to WHAT other
procedures. These dogs are then never allowed back on the adoption floor
(Hmmm...wonder why??!!)...and are destroyed when they are done using them.
Right now, there is a 16 week GSD pup who was removed for this purpose. Since
we have TWO offers of rescue for this baby, we are contacting this facility and
demanding the release of the pup.
I HATE hitting everyone over the head with these stories, but THIS is the
reality of what our dogs are facing! I heard from Diane Roberts that she
recently pulled a Dallas daughter who was out of an ROM bitch from a shelter!
THIS dog could have endured a similar fate...
We are literally DROWNING in unwanted GSDs this week..Please go to our website,
click on "forums" and go to the section marked "Urgent"....any help you can
offer would be GREATLY appreciated!
Dawn Restuccia

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven