[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Gas

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:56:03 EDT

In a message dated 8/31/2005 7:42:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
compared  to the disaster
in 3 states and all the people either dead, missing or  displaced.
Even the cost of gas and fussing about it seems trivial.....we  have cars, we
have highways, we are going here and there. I think of those  who can't and
won't be able to for who knows how  long.

So true Beryl:)

Doing away w/ some of the pollution requirements the EPA mandated for some
states thru 9/15 will lower refining costs, cut refining time and get gas into
the pipeline quicker.  We haven't built a refinery from the ground up in
this country in 25 years.  Now, with some shut down on the gulf coast and
others
that had been running @ 98% capacity running overtime...it should get
interesting. I wonder what rocket scientist thought it was a good idea to
concentrate so much of our pumping and refining in one are of the country?
Guess
folks will have to loose their "not in my backyard mentality" after  this. I
topped off the van Tuesday @ $2.43 and the car today @  $2.59.  It also crossed
my
mind to stock up on non-perishables.   A local church has a notice out that
they are a drop off point for donations to  the hurricane victims. Time to
clean
out closets:)

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_