[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Gaiting

  • From: Ferraristr@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 17:28:01 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2009 4:57:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> When I judge I  like to see the dog walk and slow trot and do not stress
> the extremely fast  trot which is so popular today--perhaps one turn
> around
> the ring at a "faster  trot" but not the racing that we so often see.
>
> That is not a natural  gait!!!
>
> The walk is important as it show many gaiting positives  regarding length
> of step and proper timing of the gait and use of the  hindquarter power as
>
> well as the strength of the middle piece to transmit this  power from the
> rear
> to the forehand.
>
> To repeat myself and draw an  analogy from the auto-- the rear is the
> engine, the back the transmission and  front is the steering mechanism.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Morton  Goldfarb

Finally!!!  Thank you........thank you........ thank you  Dr. Goldfarb.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Pam Douglas
Starview Kennels
Some people drink deeply from the fountain of knowledge. Others just
gargle. ~Grant M. Bright~

Make your summer sizzle with fast and easy recipes for the