[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Gails email

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx>, <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>, <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 17:32:26 -0400

this is the post Gail sent to the list a couple of days ago.........

I don't know how fearless we are. LOL  My original post was in response to a
question of whether or not we would cancel the National. We absolutely will
not. I do think it would be wise to hold off on making reservations for a
few days.  Here is the problem...
There is no roof remaining on the Ford Park Arena.  There was to be a
structural inspection today (Friday) a meeting and perhaps a projected date
for repair. The other arena which we would use there has large water leaks
from wind damage. The center did not flood and there is not a valid concern
about bacteria contamination. Nanci and Lea are working non-stop on finding
an alternate show site in Texas. We do not want people to be alarmed and we
know that tickets have been purchased, cars rented, hotels and vacations
booked. We are looking for availabilty of hotels as well as a showsite. I
will immediately inform you of any decisions that are made regarding our
show. Nancy has sent out the list of our needs for a site, has visited tow
sites and two additional sites will be visited Monday and Tuesday. We still
MAY be able to go to Beaumont, we just do not know at this very moment. I do
not know if airline tickets could be changed or what nightmares this might
cause for our members. This is truly a wait and see situation. I do know
that we are doing our best, will keep you informed and will send an email to
all members with any changes immediately when the decisions are made.
I am sorry for the many concerns this news might bring to you. Believe me,
we do care and we will do our best to host a wonderful show. I think it is
best that we share all the information that we have with you.
Respectfully,
Gail