[ SHOWGSD-L ] GV and Judging

  • From: helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 20:58:14 -0400

WRONG!? The Grand Victor would be selected by 5 of our?best judges, not one.?
The show
for selecting "our best" would be independent of the AKC show which would
select a
BOB & BOS like any show.? A separate show presented by the GSDCA would select
the GV and selects as entered by any champions so inclined.? The "German" angle
does
not wash.? This is not Germany, never was, never will be.? But, the selection
of what
should be our top?dogs should be the selection of our top minds...not just one
individual.
No one is suggesting that to enter, the dog need be anything more then a
Champion, as
is the way it is now with the exception of WD or WB at a show.? I am proposing
a separate
judging for our top dogs to be done by 5 not one....
No more King/Queen for a day....no more "as I see it"? no more "gifts"...just?
honest
evaluations by more the ONE mind!? Perhaps the time has come......perhaps not.
Helen Franklin

fom: RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 18:36:53 EDT
Subject: Re: Do we ask enough of our Grand Victors?

In a message dated 10/3/2008 1:53:51 P.M. Central Daylight Time,?
caggra@xxxxxxx writes:
If the? GV titles were awarded independently of BOB & BOS, then we very well
could? end up having a GV that was actually Select #10 achieve the GV title if
no? others ahead of him met all the requirements.?? Right???
Jeff