[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GV

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 06:00:32 -0700 (PDT)

I can think of no higher complement than to have a judge buy or breed to your
dog.  But selling a GV sounds like getting away from dogs totally.  Even if I
have a reason to never show again, if I have to get rid of all my dogs period,
I am either dead or very close.

  So, while I had the complement of having a judge want to breed to a dog of
mine, I am not running away from dogs, or shows for that matter.

  Is there something wrong with that?
  sheila
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 7/6/2006 10:56:44 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
SallyHH31@xxxxxxx writes:
Has anyone on the list ever heard of GV Bethesda's Tacoma of Si-Don ? If so

can you tell me anything about him and what kind of dog he was. Think he was
GV in 1989.

A dog we bred was the sire of Tacoma. Tacoma was a very dark dog, with a
good side gait. He was not a large dog, but well put together. I was standing
outside the ring waiting to go in, and talking to Tacoma's owner.

She was a very nice young lady, and while a bit too conservative for my
tastes, a good person. She said to me, "Do you think this might be the year he
goes Select?" I think her name was Sid, and I always liked her. I miss her at
the shows, and she seemed to drop out after her win. She always had a joke
to tell. I did have to be careful not to be profane, as I so often am.

I was trying to be nice, and said, I didn't see why not, he was a good dog,
and I didn't think there was a favorite that year. I don't remember who I
was showing in Specials, but I remember being dressed up, so I was showing
something.

Tacoma's success was somewhat blemished because the judge who put him to GV
bought him after he won, (not right away as I recall, but during the year).
I never thought there was anything wrong with that, but a lot of people
bitched about it.

He was not a popular winner, but certainly worthy of the title.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

countries) for 2¢/min or less.