[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GUN testing/ LONG & opinionated...Equally so.

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx, inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 07:58:53 -0700

----- Original Message -----
> In a message dated 7/14/2006 6:08:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> A happy  family is out enjoying themselves in the park with their 2 kids
and
> their  pride and joy, a German Shepherd Dog named King who is brave,
their
> protector and never a problem.  It's Fourth of July and one of  the other
> park revelers lets off a firecracker.  To their horror, and  the horror of
> their kids -- King is frightened beyond belief and he is  inconsolable,
> shrinking and he

Our first GSD was extremely sound to everything.. **then*** we had a thunder
and lightening storm (when she was about 4) where the thunder rolled on and
on and on over our house for more than 5 hours..(Kathaleen, you know those
prairie summer storms..) I know we were worn out by it and Nevada couldn't
deal with thunder after that.. when it began to thunder she would go down to
my office and lay under the desk - But at no time would I have ever
considered her "unsound"..
It happens, but shouldn';t be a final determinate of temperament..

Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com