[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD's do it all

  • From: lollark@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Da List)
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:35:21 +0000

I've been reading the reactions on the list over the last few days and it makes
my heart sad.  Yes, I'm a newbie to the show world but not to loving gsd's and
not to the very volatile nature of interpersonal communication.  More volatile
online when we cannot ask questions and figure out people's intentions.  (I
confess...I teach communication)
Anyway...I hate to see the antagonism between conformation and perfomance and
between dogs that are german-bred versus american-bred.  A real feud (the
Hatfields and McCoys of the dog world) if you read about gsd's online.  Can't
there be room in our minds, our hearts, and our club for all of the above.
Sure it would be fantastic if "they" (whomever that is) would make the first
"let's be civil" moves but GSDCA is the parent club and probably should act
like a loving, understanding, inclusive parent.  Please don't fire the arrows
but am I stupid to think we can be open to all dog events and all styles of
dogs?

I think we should look at the issues openly and civilly and work together for
the good of our dogs and our fun (let's not forget the fun).  Any group can
fight with one another...only really good groups create a shared vision and
work towards it.   What can I do to help?

Karen Lollar