[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDs Nearsighted?

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:20:43 -0600

Yessss, this IS very interesting information I've enjoyed learning.
As we know, each animal - or bird - or fish, reptile or what ever is formed
pretty much for a specific purpose, either by "our breedings" or in the
natural.
Sight Hounds, Cheetahs, Hawks, and others who search for prey at a
distance, since they are fast and can cover the ground quicker than most
have keen farsightedness.  Something I've always noticed was the black
sripes on those fastest kids on earth from their eyes down their muzzles.
A lot of "low to the ground" animals like --YeeHa --"groundhogs",
badgers, rabbits, prairie dogs, Beagles, Bassetts (sp.) & Daschys etc. are
more or less nearsighted as are the Terriers.
The herding and working breeds, not needing as much far away checking out,
so to speak, are also more or less nearsighted as well.  Cattle, Sheep, and
Horses are all in between --- according to my studies on this.  Anyone else
have stuff concerning eyesight?       Norma no L            D.O.G.