[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD?...I Am Legend

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:34:40 -0800 (PST)

The reviewer in question was from Australia and I've been told that in some
places the GSD is referred to as an Anatolian Shepherd.

  The best parts of the movie are when Will is interacting with the dog....so
it's a great showcase of our breed.  For those that are going to this
movie...the dog is called Sam but  is supposedly a female which you don't find
out until later in the movie when he calls her Samantha, but I could swear that
there were some scenes that you could see it was a male....I wonder if they
used more than one dog....or if it's the lassie scenario...a boy dog playing a
girl part.

  Cindy
Stormy435@xxxxxxx wrote:
  What I know about the dog :-)

The trainer who was scouting for ta dog for this picture came to several AB
shows, looking for an understudy for this dog.  He was told by the director (?)
 Producer (?) to find one just like it.  He had picture of the dog and
obviously, none of our GSDs qualified.  I did send him an address of a friend
of mine (Near Marysville) and he (and his very nice wife) went up to see her
German line dogs.  Still an obvious no match.  I have the pictures of the two
of them...Annie is VERY light, very pet quality.  My friend sent them on to
another kennel, but I lost track after that.

So yes, a GSD, very light, very pet quality, but that's what the director?
producer? wanted and that's what he got. :-)

Stormy
In a message dated 12/15/07 7:24:52 AM, cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

  I went and saw this movie yesterday......I heard one reviewer refer to the
dog in the movie as an Anatolian Shepherd.  Looks like a GSD to me, albeit a
pet quality.  Has any else seen it?  Good movie...very depressing...but
unbelievable special effects.   Will Smith is yummy.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

See AOL's top rated recipes