[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCET Shows, April 28-29, Close TOMORROW (Wed, April 11)

  • From: Donna Fefee <dlfefee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 06:21:08 -0400

Gentle List Members, I would like to add a plea....

PLEASE, if you are willing and able to support our shows with your
entries and presence, please do so.  We are a small club and rely on our
shows to support all of our other undertakings including public
education, dog bite prevention, and my special, beloved project, "K-9
Veterans Day."

I understand that there is an issue with getting handlers to come this
year, which is disappointing.

Still, we do have two GREAT judges, and I'm doing my best to provide
hospitality in the midst of, well, a lot of other stuff.  If you have
any questions about lodging, feel free to contact me.  Our host hotel is
again the MainStay Suites, 361 Fountain View Circle, Alcoa, TN 37701,
865-379-7799.  There will be a hospitality room, and they provide dog
grooming stations, including hose hook up, towels, and table.  Every
room has a fully equipped kitchenette with a microwave, range, and
full-sized refrigerator, and there is a complimentary hot breakfast
buffet, along with free hi-speed wireless internet, outdoor pool &
sundeck, a fitness center, nice walking-trails....

The rate is $70 per night with a one-time pet fee of $25 for a queen
suite or a double bedroom.  Some of the queen suites also have pull out
couches for extra sleeping (ask about this when you make your
reservation).  Make your reservations before April 23, and mention the
German Shepherd dog show to get these rates.

And once again we will be having the judges' dinner at Puleos, which is
a nice restaurant within easy walking distance of the hotel.

If you have any questions about lodging--or perhaps feel I can be more
persuasive over the telephone--please do contact me.  Our club does very
much appreciate the support we have received in the past.  We've always
pulled majors and can only hope to do so again this year.

Sincerely,

Donna Fefee
GSDCET Hospitality Chair