[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDCA-WDA - The Association

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 23:28:36 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/2005 6:34:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
If this  is the case,  what
has the GSDCA gained by being associated with the  WDA?  What has the  WDA
gained by being associated with the  GSDCA?

We, the GSDCA formed the WDA to allow those who wanted to do  Schutzhund
work, still belong to the GSDCA and do so within the WDA. The AKC  will not
allow
attack work with the GSDCA, and yet many of our members want to  be involved
in Schutzhund.

The WDA does not have a Futurity, a National or enough funds  to send a team
to the world trials without some help. When they do compete, they  do so as
GSDCA-WDA. This gives the GSDCA an international  representation.

Both organizations gain from each other.  In the end, the  members end up
with another way to enjoy our great dogs.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together