[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA.ORG (permission to cross-post

  • From: "Pam Stoesser" <pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx>, "ShowGSD-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:52:28 -0600

THANKS to Mary-Anne for finding and reporting this inconsistency between the
link and the email address.

There is a  "new" GSDCA website (which is not to imply "finished")  that was
created from a variety of sources including carryovers from the old site,
the "Welcome" site, other breed Clubs, and information collected by various
members of the GSDCA.

However, the site is not finished and should never be.

This is the Club's site - the site of the membership - which is to say it's
a resource and information aid to Club members and NEEDS HELP TO STAY
INFORMATIVE AND CURRENT.  So, if you find something wrong or see something
that should be considered for inclusion, please send it to
webmaster@xxxxxxxxx with a copy to pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Just because
there have been problems in the past, doesn't mean we want to continue them
into the future.

This site also helps the Club educate the general public about GSDs and give
them resources to buy a puppy from a great breeder, train it,  get excited
about this sport, and join the GSDCA.

The public is visiting in HUGE numbers compared to original estimates.  Many
of he top-visited webpages are about puppies, breeders, and (excitement) our
Breed Standard and the educational videos about the Standard.

This new website technology will be expanded to encompass new ideas (like
the searchable member roster) but it's not going to happen all at once.
GSDCA.org today is just a start.  Please bear with it while it grows and
help by contributing as much as you can.

Pam Stoesser (Internet Advisory Committee Chair) and John Ayotte (Internet
Committee Chair)