[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA election time table

  • From: Louise Cauthen <cauthenl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lewieb@xxxxxxx, pagairs@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:05:04 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to know if the new members will be getting their ballots since the
mailing has been moved earlier just a bit? [good move I think]

  My fiance will be getting one I hope as he was published in April's Review
but what about our newest members??

  Thanks for any imput!!
  [I have already emailed Lew and Bill Pfeiffer {thanks for your replies :-)} a
week or so ago about this person's membership status] but now I am asking about
all our newest members...
  Louise Cauthen
  My dogs did get the ballot last election :-)  but I rescued it just in time
LOL

Kathaleen Strong <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dear Sharon:

Thank you so much for the clarification; however, I do not notice in your
post where you are indicating that the ballots to the US will be mailed
closer to the traditional time period. Assuming such, I think I need to
reiterate the points that you may be missing:

1) People getting their ballots early may decide to put it off to send them
and either misplace them, or even forget about sending them. Obviously not
the list members, because we keep each other in tune of what is going on --
but there are a lot of GSDCA members who are not "in tune" or that concerned
about what's going on in the "dog club".

2) People are used to getting their ballots, and having to make a quick
decision and send it back asap. This is not a bad thing unless you are one
of the candidates who had planned on sending a card and was timing its
production and mailing tailored to the old time schedule. The turnaround
time to get it into the hands of the membership BEFORE they get their
ballots will potentially be lost.

My suggestion is -- by all means, send out the ballots to the foreign
addresses now -- they will most likely have to go by a different mailing
method than the US Mail Permit anyway. But send the other ballots out for
the US addresses with more lead time than a 2-3 day notice that they are
going out early. After all, we do very much want our entire membership to
have the opportunity to make the most informed choices when they mark their
ballots, don't we??

Thanks in advance for your consideration of these points.

Kathaleen