[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA correspondence

  • From: "Daryl Lauffer" <daryllauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 18:48:50 -0600

I received an email very similar to this one from a young girl in our area.
Her parents wouldn't let her have a GSD.  She has read everything she could
get her hands on.  I put her in contact with a member of our local club who
always has dogs to train and show.  This young girl has religiously gone to
training classes and just participated in her first show.  She is going to
be a wonderful handler some day and even though she doesn't have her own dog
she is thrilled to get to work with them.  Some day when she is able to own
one of her own she will be well prepared!
Dee Lauffer

Msg: #14 in digest
From: "Sharon Allbright" <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: GSDCA correspondence
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 08:14:20 -0700

Hi all,  The following is a letter I received and thought some of you might
enjoy it.
'Dear Corresponding Secretary,
I'm Hailey ______, age 11.  I was flipping through some old magazines and
saw my GSD magazine.  I have been going to the local Schutzhund Club, and
have been convinced they're very good dogs.  I was wondering if you're not
busy, to send me info, or anything!  I've always wanted a Shepherd, and have
always wanted to contact the breed club itself.  Thank you very much for
your time.
Hailey ____
South Carolina'

The bottom of the letter has a lovely drawing of a GSD coming at you and
Hailey apologizes for messing up on the drawing.
She also knows how to spell.
Also this letter was sent to Miss Blanche Beisswenger and then forwarded to
me by her sister.
Perhaps someone in the SC area might want to suggest a local club or
activity Hailey could attend.

Download Messenger. Join the i?m Initiative. Help make a difference today.