[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA Temperament Test results in OFA database???

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ginialtman@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:58:20 -0700 (PDT)

I have several that have passed that are not on the OFA site. Can we submit the
results to the OFA if we have the signed score sheet?
  Terry
Ginialtman@xxxxxxx wrote:

Sorry to post twice, but I am catching up backwards in time and I think that
I did nor make it clear that only those dogs that pass the temperament test
are submitted to the OFA data base. The owners of dogs that do not pass are
the only ones who have the information that their dog did not pass. A dog can
be tested on a subsequent test and pass so it would be cunter productive to
submit results anything other than passing results. The Temperament Committee
submits the results, not individual owners. Then when the owner applies for
CHIC Certification the Temperament Test information is available for
verification from the data base. Hope that clears any questions up:-)

Ginny Altman
From: "Melissa"
Subject: GSDCA Temperament Test results in OFA database???
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:32:31 -0400

While researching the OFA database, much to my surprise I came across my own
dog, Melana's Orion, in the database with "GSDCA Temperament Test". He's
too young to be certified hips and elbows so I just hadn't gotten around to
submitting the temperament test certificate to OFA myself. I can only assume
the GSDCA is submitting results to OFA????
Seems odd to me that OFA accepts submissions for publication from anyone
other than the owner of a dog, but maybe I missed the fine print when I signed
the entry form ; )

I see some dogs results that say passed and some that don't, so is the GSDCA
submitting all dogs tested or just the ones who passed? I'm especially
curious because although my own dog passed and I have the certificate to prove
it,
the published results on OFA's site do not say "passed" which may give the
public the impression that he didn't.

Ginny Altman

"Please let me be as kind, intelligent, and wonderful as my dog thinks I
am."

and lay it on us.