[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDCA Temperament Test results in OFA database???

  • From: Ginialtman@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:43:29 EDT

Sorry to post twice, but I am catching up backwards in time and I think  that
I did nor make it clear that only those dogs that pass the temperament test
are submitted to the OFA data base. The owners of dogs that do not pass are
the only ones who have the information that their dog did not pass.  A dog  can
be tested on a subsequent test and pass so it would be cunter  productive to
submit results anything other than passing results. The  Temperament Committee
submits the results, not individual owners. Then when the  owner applies for
CHIC Certification the Temperament Test information is  available for
verification from the data base.  Hope that clears any  questions up:-)

Ginny Altman
From:  "Melissa" <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: GSDCA Temperament Test  results in OFA database???
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:32:31  -0400

While researching the OFA database, much to my surprise I came  across my own
dog, Melana's Orion, in the database with "GSDCA Temperament  Test".   He's
too young to be certified hips and elbows so I just  hadn't gotten around to
submitting the temperament test certificate to OFA  myself.  I can only assume
the GSDCA is submitting results to  OFA????
Seems odd to me that OFA accepts submissions for publication  from anyone
other than the owner of a dog, but maybe I missed the fine print  when I signed
the entry form ; )

I see some dogs results  that say passed and some that don't, so is the GSDCA
submitting all dogs  tested or just the ones who passed? I'm especially
curious because although my  own dog passed and I have the certificate to prove
it,
the published results  on OFA's site do not say "passed" which may give the
public the impression  that he didn't.

Ginny Altman

"Please let me be as kind,  intelligent, and wonderful as my dog thinks I
am."