[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA Temperament Test availability

  • From: Lyn Chernak <cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsdk9rat@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 07:43:26 -0700 (PDT)

Good Morning Rachel,

  Laura Gilbert is on this list, I believe you can find her listed in the GSDCA
membership. However, Laura lives in VA so her cost of gas will exceed your 4 to
6 hr drive to CT.<<VBG>> As with all titles with any organization, they are not
mandated they are a requirement that needs to be fulfilled if you choose to go
for that title or recognition.

  No one should have to drive 4 to 6 hours for anything, yet with clubs folding
due to lack of membership (working members) and higher costs, there becomes a
lack of events available.
  That's economics.

  If you are really interested in doing the test this year then I suggest you
come to CT. If you want to wait until it comes to NH check with a member of the
club to see when and if they are planning on holding a test, OR  join the club
(if you are not a member already) and take on the position and make it happen.
This would apply to anyone that is looking for a club in their area to hold a
test regularly.

  Recently there has been an increase in the entry fee (like everything else),
the cost is now $25 / dog, however the clubs now retain $20 / dog and the $5 /
dog goes to the GSDCA to cover the costs of the Certificates, postage and
handling.The GSDCA does not require a club to hold the test, but they are
encouraged to offer a test.

  I am certain that most clubs would welcome a new member that wants to take on
a task that will help the club earn money.

  FYI .... On Sept 22 the GSDC of Greater New Haven will be holding their test
in conjunction with a Breed Survey, an individual evaluation of your dog to the
Standard, evaluated by the two judges, Mrs. Karin Wagner and Mr.John Henkel.
You will receive a written evaluation from both judges.

  I wish you success with your dogs and the titles you choose to pursue.
  Lyn Chernak

  Rachel Anderson <gsdk9rat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  How do I get hold of Laura Gilbert?
I only mentioned the consistency because the parent club decided the TC was
mandatory for the CHIC and there are not enough TC's to meet that need.
I shouldn't have to drive 4-6 hours for a 5 minute test that the parent club
has made mandatory, that's all I mean't. I'd love to meet all you guys in
Connecticut, but have you seen the price of gas??? LOL!!!!
I can always find a CGC or BH for a temperament "title" but I have tried to
support my local area's club by testing my dogs with them, also.
Rachel & the TC Ark
Randy SchH3 IPO3 TC
Bandit, BH TC
Cegen, TC, HIC, CGC
Hilde, TC, CGC
Jake, TC, CGC, Delta Pet Partner
Cegen, TC, HIC, CGC
Zeru, TC, CGC
Gretchen, TC, CGC
Keya, TC, CGC
Nick, TC
Rio, patiently waiting for a GSDCA TC Test