[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA Suggestion re: Board

  • From: Cyndy Davis <cyndyinhouston@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: helen@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:13:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi Helen,
  I am assuming you posted this to solicit opinion. :)

  Respectfully, I would not support this change. I feel it is healthy for the
organization to change hands on a regular basis.

  Yes, the positions of board member and officer are different, and yet officer
or board member, they still represent the membership.  Were there a necessity
to make this change, I might be for it, but there is no shortage of willing and
able members to serve as officers and board members. Look at the committees,
the same people serve on several committees, while the majority of the club
membership, willing and able, sits idly,and in many cases, frustratedly by.

  To extend the limit of terms would only further the "elitist" feeling that
many have of our organization leadership.

  Cyndy Davis
helen@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I sent this to the entire Board a few weeks ago. They didn't get it I guess.
Will send everything to the List as well now.

In the event a sitting board member is elected as an officer of the club, (i.e.
President, Vice President, Treasurer, or Secretary), nearing his/her last term
on the board as a director, then by a vote of the membership at the annual
election, that officer is eligible to begin his/her term anew as if never
having served on the board. The position of an officer and duties ascribed to
that position are vastly different then that of a director and therefore needs
be considered as a whole new appointment. The vote of the membership will
determine if any officer returns to his/her position, but the eligibility and
time limitation will be extended to 4 additional consecutive terms of office.
This change will allow the membership to retain the right to select its officers
based on the performance of said officers, and what the membership deems is good
for the Organization.
Helen Franklin

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

 Yahoo! Mail