[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA Nationals Message from Show Chair

  • From: Grace Eaton <zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORSuite@xxxxxxx, treasurer@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:29:39 -0700 (PDT)

Well, if we did vote on it, I would vote "yes" on the sanitizing hands between
dogs. After all, its all about them...right? Such a simple thing can prevent a
death, esp, now with this dogflu thing going on.. We should do what we can to
protect our furkids. If WE don't protect them...who will?
Grace Eaton
ORSuite@xxxxxxx wrote:
I feel this message was WAY long in coming!! If anyone has been to a cat
show, at least, the judges disinfect the table AND their hands after EACH cat
shown! After being in the dog show realm for so long we get used to how
things are, and after all, we have a sturdy breed, showing them indoors and
out,
under all sorts of conditions that a Cat would never be shown, we get
accustomed to not even thinking about those hands that go from dog to dog, when
you
think of all the other things that a dog can and does put in his/her OWN mouth.
I think this should be a practice at ALL shows. There may be extra time
involved in doing so, but with all the prevalent illnesses our dogs contract,
even unknowingly til after the fact, I feel it would be a good practice to
implement. (Not that we are voting on this or anything.)
Just my humble opinion.

Chris K
"Do Right and Fear No One" --from the Stephanitz Family Crest

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Grace Eaton
Sirius German Shepherds