[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA Membership?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 12:09:53 -0700

I see another Club possibly folding.....and I honestly do not know what the
Parent Club can
do about this problem.   They cannot 'force'  interest in a local Club!?
They cannot force
membership and they cannot force educational meetings and training classes??
Particularly
when no one wants to belong to an Organization unless it does "something"  for
them even
on a local lever.
I do believe if we need something specific from our Board or Parent Club we
should contact
them and ask.........and see what the reaction is before we blame them for our
own problems
or dissatisfaction.
On the other hand......I will never understand why a dog Club needs 19 Board
members when
we can often not even pull an entry of 19 at a DOG SHOW!!??   An easy expense
to solve!!
<G>
One specific thing I have mentioned before that I believe the Parent Club CAN
do that may not
help us.....but may better help us to understand problems and be able to help
with ideas or input
when we cry out for a National in our own areas.

I would LOVE to see the Treasurer's Report have a specific report on ALL
expenses and income
for our National......ALL.......from sheep to sod to seating.    A complete
separate report....of
every little detail.

I think if we want to see more Ads in the Review and more dogs and
Articles.....we have to run the
Ads and submit the articles and show the dogs.  <G>     Until Ads are more
reasonable......the Ads
just won't happen from most of us........$450 for one page.......$450  for a
show weekend to try to
finish a dog...........HMMMMMmmmmmmm .........<G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com