[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDCA Mail - E-mail Address

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: CHSweetSun@xxxxxxx, DKARLOFF@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, LEWIEB@xxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:26:35 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/07 3:52:53 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
chsweetsun@xxxxxxx writes:
How do  you plan to get to all the people that do not have computers or do
not go on  them daily??
Will they get the info and even if they get sent a letter,  will it get there
and be understood this is the 2nd Voting attempt??
I can  think of 4 people right off hand that are long time members but do not
read  this list &/or do they even have working computers right now..... Yes,
folks....some people don't live by the computer,  still.

Why don't we all pick up a phone and call anyone we know who is not on a
computer? It is that square thing that used to hang on the wall with numbers in

a circle. Or for some, it has buttons with letters and numbers on it.  Most
of them are black, but there are some white ones too.

1.    What you do it put one end to your ear, and turn it to  make sure the
other end is near your mouth.

2.   If you do not hear a sound from your ear end, reverse number  1, and see
if that works. If not, go on your computer, go to Google, and search
directions for using a telephone.

3.   Call each person who you think does not have a computer, and  tell them
to put their votes in a new envelope addressed to the ballot company  and put
a stamp on it and mail it.

4.   If they don't know what a stamp is, they can ask the Post  Office, and
they will provide them with  instructions for  sending mail in paper form.  If
they  can't find the Post Office, go on Google and get directions to the Post
Office  for your friend, then repeat number 1 and 2 above and tell them
through the  telephone, (see introduction).

5.   For Canadians, you can use the same system, but you may have  to add
"ehh" to the end of each sentence so that you are speaking in Canadian,  and
therefore there would be no language barrier.

6.  In 5 above there may be an advantage as they may be receiving  their
ballots late, and therefore will have extra time to follow number 4.   I do
believe they have Post Offices in Canada too, but they my be called  something
different, like Convenience Stores, or Motels. I don't speak Canadian,  and
have
only been in that country a few time. Once to buy grain alcohol while  in
college and one time for the Canadian National. All I know if that if you  give
them
an American ten dollar bill for eight dollars in merchandise,  they give you
back over ten dollars in change. What a wonderful country.

In this way we can increase communications and hopefully get the message  out
to everyone. As a bonus, enough ballots will be received that we can all
have an election. If that election lasts more than two weeks, call your
doctor.
(I heard that on television last night).

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/