[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA ELECTION QUES. - Question # 9

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 21:14:33 -0700

I’ve been ‘studying’ barn hunt quite a bit … and nose work. I think both of
them would require more skill and inherited instincts than you would think.

Dock diving? well, when I watched it, I said it took a BRAVE dog LOL>
Especially the ones that darn near “flew” to the end of the diving tank. <G>
They do look like they are having a lot of fun.

I played with Rally quite a bit while in Colorado. But I do obedience with my
dogs from the time they are puppies, so the dogs were going around with me from
the beginning.

Some believe doing obedience work takes away from what they can do in
Conformation. I didn’t see that, but I guess it’s like anything else…. what
you get used to.

Storm

On Aug 7, 2015, at 8:28 PM, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Isn't Rally Novice all done on leash....with lots of talking and praise and
motioning to actually still
'direct' the dog? I would think the dogs are more left to making some of
their own decisions with
the barn hunt, duck diving.... (not sure about lure coursing and what it
entails though ) than with
Rally Novice?
Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com