[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA Candidates

  • From: Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:10:17 -0700

I'm sure someone must have mentioned this (I don't read all the list posts)
but remember there are candidates who are not on the list, one of which
Kathy and I will obviously be voting for ;-), Bill Tank. So not all
candidates have an equal opportunity to answer all your "list" questions.
Having served on the BOD, I have a copy of Roberts Rules of Order and Bill
is very familiar with them and will have my copy if he doesn't already have
a copy.
Ken Tank

2009/8/22 <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>

> Zoe has been good enough this year to allow candidates to post on this
> List, Since it is such an important issue with the membership,of which many
> are
>  on this List, So thank you Zoe. One thing concerns me about all the
> candidates  and affects how Board meetings are run.
>
> I'm not so concerned about just their qualifications. I just want  to know
> how many of these candidates have Roberts Rule of Order,our P&P  manual,and
> Our By Laws,and do they know them.?? I  firmly believe it is a  sitting
> Board  member's responsibility to know these documents by heart,so  the
> meeting
> can produce  proper actions by the Board,and not just  chatting  or yelling
> across the table. This is not a local Specialty club.  The meeting has to
> be
> run in a business-like way. It is not "fun&games",but  a dedication that
> serve the membership  Helen Miller  Fisher

> POST is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the
> original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author
> AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> PROSECUTED.

Ken Tank

"It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the
best, you very often get it."
- W. Sommerset Maugham