[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDC of North Florida

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:45:07 EST

We are home from Orlando, having had one of the most enjoyable show
weekends ever. We even found a Puertorican restaurant.....(it helps to  speak
the
language.....LOL).

Not only was the weather PERFECT, the quality of the entries was deep in
all classes.  I was honored and flattered to have not one but TWO
outstanding Specials entered. It truly was a privilege to get to see these  two
BEAUTIFUL animals in my ring.  Thanks to the handlers, owners and  breeders for
this compliment.

A special Thank You to Linda Bankhead who was the BEST ring steward you
could ask for. Linda knows her stuff.  Thank You so much for all your
assistance and for helping me keep the day relaxed and enjoyable.

An acquaintance from South Africa came to watch the show on Saturday  and
Sunday and commented that it appeared everyone was having fun, and some  were
having too much fun.....<G>......that is a compliment to the fancy  that
was present, when Joe Public can just enjoy the experience with us.   Kudos to
everyone.

The organizers of this weekend must be more than congratulated, they must
be emulated, on what it takes to make a weekend like this happen (6
specialty  shows and a Temperament Test) and happened so smoothly.  Yes, some
things
 can be improved, but  to gather the volunteers, some with no experience,
to  get the job done, you have something good going on!

Thank you Linda Novotasky for the AWESOME judge's gift. Talk about
personal.....thank you, thank you, thank you!

As we can all see in the news, the weather is going from bad to worse. We
hope everyone gets home safe.

And now, like the commercials say......HERE WE GO!!  On to another  year of
dog shows and good luck to everyone.

Below are my winners, and I emailed the critique to the club.  Thank  You
again and Congratulations to all.

WD: Open - 4 points -  Karizma's Ike of Edale (Stuart &  Sharon Birch,
Canada)
RWD:  BredBy - Adelhund's Pocket Full of Gold (Donna & Samantha  Graham, PA)
WB & BOW: Novice - 4 points - EJM N' EkoLan's Forget Me Not (Dough  & Liz
Oster and Paul & Joan Johnson, MN)
RWB: Novice - Grey Pine's Christie (Bill & Jeri Pfeiffer, NC)
BOB: GVX CH Wolkcreeks Aquilla of Merivern (D Atkinson, K Potter, S Olvin
& M Sherman, IL)
BOS: GV CH Tazzmans Aregon (Kerry Sachau & Jim and Sheree Moses,  WV)
BP: (Mr Suave and Cool) - 6-9 Puppy Dog - Boys at Toscanova of Edan  (Ann
Schultz, IL)

Ileana  Nogueras