[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDC of Dallas

  • From: "Breitenstein" <gbreitenstein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:44:32 -0600

Hi all. I am sad to be the one to tell everyone that the GSDC of Dallas is
closing. I found out about it this weekend at the Nolan River K C/GSDC of Ft.
Worth shows. Ileana Noguras was looking for ways to save the club but the board
voted to close up as no one wanted to help with shows anymore. Other than
Ileana no one showed in conformation. There were a couple of long time members
who no longer show and the rest are in to schutzund. My father and I wanted to
join as we moved to the Dallas area in May but you had to attend two club
meetings to join. We missed the June meeting as we were attending our old clubs
shows in Calif. The next meeting in August we attended with our second to be at
the next meeting in November. Alas this meeting was cancelled so we did not get
to join in time. I would hate to see the club fold and waste all the effort put
into it by Ileana and the other long time members. I was told the paper work
has allready been sent to AKC. We are willing to run the club and have promise
of help both locally and from afar. The person to talk to at AKC is on vacation
for a couple of weeks so a dead end there.I doubt that with the holidays any
action has been taken at AKC, so does anyone have ideas about who to contact to
see if we can get the process stopped? Any and all input will be appreciated.
Thank You
Heather Breitenstein