[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDC of Beaumont shows this weekend

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:24:40 EDT

John and I want to thank all the exhibitors who supported our  show this
weekend.  You all helped make it the success it was.
We are very proud of everyone who supported the raffle by  purchasing tickets
or donating.  Special thanks to Sally Hayden for  sending down 2 of her
wonderful creations. As a result, we
will be able to send Last Hope Safe Haven rescue  $237.00.
Big thanks to Mary Tripp for doing a great grooming  seminar.....which
covered grooming the dog from the inside out and the  outside in.    If Mary is
coming to your clubs show, ask  her to do this for you.  It will meet AKC's
club
requirements for an  educational program and it was informative and helpful to
anyone who has  been around for 30 years or 3 days. If you are even involved
in an AB  club it would be so beneficial at that level also.  Thanks again Mary
 for a job well done.
If you did not make it this year, come next year for  sure.  We have a
treasure in our hospitality chair Kim Parrish and  her great helpers and club
members  Sylvia Hebert and Barbara  Craig.  They pitched in and put on 2 days
of
great BarbBQ. What a  spread.  Kim used to do professional cookoffs and can she

cook! A huge thanks from your stuffed victims!

Every show has it memories and stories, and I do want to  share a good one
with you.  We had none other than the notorious Ed  Hill AKA Flower Boy fly in
to judge our sanction match.  Am sure you  all know how he openly talks about
some of the ladies in our breed and how  he wants to marry them, run off, etc
etc...you get the picture.  He  had to opportunity here to be one of those
ladies, Rita Sandells escort  for the evening to dinner.   Get the call he has
arrived in  Houston and is on the way over early in the afternoon.  Then comes
the call he has arrived in Beaumont BUT he forgot his laptop computer in
Houston and is on his way back to Houston. You guessed it......he missed
dinner
and stood up his date!  Apparently some of the content on said  computer (and
it
falling in the hands of the wrong people  VBG) was  such it came before his
date.   But the kicker...............he  blamed it on his medication.  So when
he says his medication needs  adjustment he is bang on serious.   Way to go ED!

Thanks to our judges Rita Sandell, Jerry Graham and Ed Hill  for making it
fun and doing a great job. And to Candy Holder of Beaumont  KC for always
coming
and keeping the ring in order as one of the stewards.

To our fellow club members.........thanks for the support,  hard work and
dedication to your club.
You did great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member  GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont (recording secretary), Life member  CKC
"The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human  being
can alter his life by altering his attitude"-William  James