[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSDC Eugene - CLUB BRAGS

  • From: "Joannie" <joank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "da LIST" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 18:43:20 -0700

I'm sorry I have not had a chance to do this sooner but I would like to
publicly acknowledge all the members of the GSDC of Greater Eugene (and a few
non-members) that helped to make our first stand-alone Specialty weekend such a
HUGE success!
Al Philips & Kathy Martin & Larre Martin were everywhere helping when needed
and Al ran the 50/50 raffle on Saturday.
Christine Carter, Kristen Holen and Sandy Pruett kept everything running
smoothly in the Obedience ring.
Michelle Kaesar was our "lunch monitor" on Sunday, setting stuff out & cleaning
up afterwards.
Lori Nickeson also helped setting up & tearing down in both rings & made a
wonderful donation to our equipment fund.
Kim Merritt (not a member) helped as ring steward in Conformation on Saturday
and helped get things set-up.
Kay Reamensnyder pitched in as a ring steward on Sunday.
Jennifer Root & her niece Jody (more non-members) helped me with last minute
details very late into the night Friday.

Larry Rock helped with getting stuff set-up Saturday morning, was one of our
ring stewards, our Saturday "lunch monitor" and helped with the clean-up & tear
down that afternoon.  Whatever we needed, Larry was there to help.  All 'round
great guy!

Terry Rock was our chief ring steward for the weekend & my right hand in
getting the show organized & making it run as smoothly as it did.  Thank you
just isn't enough to express my gratitude for all Terry did.  I don't know if
we would have been able to pull the weekend off without her help!  From
coordinating last minute travel arrangements with the judges, setting up the
obedience ring Sunday (while I was changing a flat tire), ring stewarding both
days, helping wherever she was needed, what a trooper!

Carol & Charlie Bentz hosted one of our judges Friday night & Carol put the
great judges gifts together.  Charlie, as our "equipment monitor" drove around
the Willamette Valley on Thursday before the show picking up tables, chairs,
canopies & trophies. Then he spent 3 1/2 hours at the park, along with Kathy
Martin, Al Philips, Eric Norby & myself, picking out where to put the rings &
getting them set up. Charlie was also there very early Saturday morning, along
with a host of others, putting up canopies & tables and also assisted at the
Obedience ring. Again on Sunday, Charlie was our man, helping to get everything
taken down, loaded into his truck & delivered it all into Kris Christian's
garage. Speaking of Kris, before he left Friday for Austria, Kris arranged for
tables, chairs & an extra canopy for the club to use over the weekend.

Eric Norby, handler extraordinaire, helped before & after the shows, whenever I
needed him & he was pretty patient when I had to split my time during the show
between president duties & dog mom duties.  He also picked up lots of slack at
the house while I was doing all the last minute things that have to be done
before the show starts.  What a guy!

I also want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to all the exhibitors that came from as
far away as Southern & Northern California, Idaho, Washington & Canada.  You
were all so gracious & tolerant of the little bumps during the weekend.  We
hope you had fun & will come back to support us next year.  The only problem we
had that I found really concerning was the disappearance of some of the Royal
Canin trophies on Sunday.  Thank you to all the winners for your understanding.

If I have forgotten anyone or anything, I'm sure someone will let me know <g>

Thank you all for reading!

Joan Intersimone, President
GSDC Greater Eugene