[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [GSD911] Pain Killer info needed

  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: GSD911@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:17:57 EDT

I have a 12 yr old female that is getting stiff and sore in her elbow. (She
had elbow surgey when she was young) I remember someone talking about a pain
killer for dogs other that rimadyl. If you know what it was, can you email me
privately. I am set to digest and wont get the email until tonight if you reply
to list. Thanks.

Nancie
Life may not always be a party
But while we are here we may as well dance.

Front Range German Shepherd Rescue

 NANCIE:   THERE ARE SOME NEW ONES .. CHECK WITH YOUR VET..BUT PLEASE READ
THE CONTRAINDICATIONS OR POSSIBLE SIDE-EFFECTS ON ALL OF THEM... CAREFULLY!!!
  PARTICULARLY WITH OLDER DOGS WHERE THEY COULD CAUSE KIDNEY OR LIVER DAMAGE
OVER TIME.. I AM STILL VERY CONCERNED WITH ANY KIND OF ASPIRIN  AS IN SOME
GSD'S IT CAN CAUSE STOMACH BLEEDING.

 UNFORTUNATELY,  IN SOME INSTANCES, AND MEDICATIONS,  IT TAKES A LONG  TIME
TO FIND OUT THE BAD SIDE-EFFECTS  AND BY THEN IT IS TOO LATE.. BARB WILLIAMS