[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD with lumps in cheeks/sneezing - HELP

  • From: Gail BAUMAN <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ShowGSDs <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 08:53:06 -0600

Depending on where the lump is, they also have lymph glands in their cheeks -
if she's sneezing too she might have some type of upper respiratory
issue....Gail Bauman Liebchen German Shepherds
www.geocities.com/liebchenkennels> From: melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD with lumps in
cheeks/sneezing - HELP> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:41:53 -0500> > > I had a dog
with a lump in his cheek several years ago. When the vet went > in to remove
it, turned out just to be a clogged saliva gland. He drained > it and the dog
was fine.> > Melissa> www.melanashepherds.com> > > ----- Original Message -----
> From: "LuAnn Kennedy" <brendangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>> To:
<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 9:03 AM> Subject: [
SHOWGSD-L ] GSD with lumps in cheeks/sneezing - HELP> > > > Hello everyone.> >
Got a call from the owner of a GSD (Tasha) I placed at 8 mos. old and she > >
can't keep her anymore. Originally Tasha was at a local shelter and I > >
pulled her and had her spayed and decided to find her a home, as she and > > my
male didn't get along - fighting. After I talked to the owner a few > > weeks
ago, I told her I would try and find Tasha a home. In the meantime > > I hadn't
touched base with her for a week or so and she took her to > > another local
shelter and left her there. Well, I know the shelter > > director and the owner
gave her a different story than she gave me about > > why she can't keep her.
Tasha's toenails were extremely long and shots > > weren't followed up.> >> >
Tasha has some lumps in her both of her cheeks and I'm worried it might be > >
cancer. She is also sneezing. The former owner did smoke heavily and > > Tasha
was being crated most of the time after the owner got a 2nd job and > > was
working midnight shifts. Long story, but I feel really guilty for > > putting
Tasha in a home like this - well you know everything was fine > > before and I
talked to the owner and someone who knows her, > > but......things happen. I
feel sick about this.> >> > Has anyone had dogs with the lumps? I can't imagine
that it would be an > > abcess, but I guess it's possible. I'm also worried
about the sneezing - > > a little raspy too. Hope it's not kennel cough
starting or another disease > > from not giving shots.> >> > HELP. I have an
appt. with my vet this afternoon, but would like some > > input.> >> > LuAnn >
POST is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org> NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>