[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD site I found

  • From: AKeller97@xxxxxxx
  • To: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:04:05 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2006 11:06:36 AM Central Standard Time,
MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
  We in the breed who show and trial
KNOW the good tempered dogs.  But you have to admit, overall, we are but a
handful of people in the world.  There are more people breeding bad lines
than
their are good ones.
We can't forget that we're not the only ones breeding.  We have to poke our
heads outside of our "good breeding bubble" and look out at the "bad breeding
world" because it is true.  We are but a minority in comparison to those that
want to breed for a buck or for "good family pets".
And our breed DOES have serious health troubles.  I know several people that
won't ever own a GSD because they have health issues NO OTHER BREED HAS!

I can't find the site insulting, because they are quite right from what
***********************
There are backyard breeders in just about every breed to speak of.  The
website list on the GSD's pretty much covers other breeds also.  The other
breeds
sure don't have halos over there heads. Labradors, Goldens, Rotts, Dobermans
and even your small breeds can chew away just as a German Shepherd. These dogs
can also get bored cause of lack of exercise, owner left them alone or any
other reason.
Health problems plagues all breeds not only the GSD. Most of the things that
were listed, pertained to other breeds too.  That JMHO

Arlene Keller
Sequels Shepherds
Signer of the Breeder Code of Ethics
www.sequels shepherds