[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD rescued, Hunte and Peaceful rally at Ohio Dog Auction

  • From: brendangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:50:06 +0000

Thought I'd pass this info along.  The link below to "New Bill Targets Puppy
Mills, auctions" mentions Hunte's name on the 1st page and there is also a
rescue story about Sasha a German Shepherd.
LuAnn Kennedy
Peaceful Rally
Come join mascot Abby, an OH puppy mill survivor, and her owner, Mary Herbeck,
as they support animal advocates from across the country in a peaceful rally
against the Buckeye Dog Auction.

Date:
Saturday, October 20, 2007 (rain or shine - be sure to bring your rally sign!)

Time:
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Location:
Farmerstown, OH (Holmes County)

The goal of this event is to raise awareness of this auction an d its
relationship to puppy mills and to solicit support from concerned citizens in
supporting a ban on dog auctions in Ohio.  The success of our efforts has
reached a number of news media outlets from across Ohio - The Columbus Dispatch
and The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer  - and we expect this coverage to continue on
October 20.

For more information on how you can support this event, please contact Mary
O'Connor-Shaver.  To read more about our efforts to address dog auctions and
puppy mills in Ohio, we invite you to read the article, "New Bill Targets Puppy
Mills, Dog Auctions" published in the Winter, 200 7 issue of The Animal Insider.
Pass it on!