[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD long coats and plush coats...there a difference?

  • From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • To: DARLINBOO@xxxxxxx, betsy1r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:59:51 EDT

As someone who owns a lovely Long Coat, who by the way just got shaved for
the first time in her life (will be 10 in December) due to the fact that I
am  injured and can not groom on a regular basis...LOL  A long coat Has
hairy  ears and a tail that is beyond busy... most of the time along with belly

feathers and panties that are much longer than normal(mine in full coat is
probably 5 in long).  They do not generally have an open coat... More often
 the coat is softer and or silkier than a normal correct coat but not
always,  where as an open coated dog  it often more wiry feeling.  I have kept
2
long coats in my 45 years and both had double coats, I hear they don't
usually  but I have never seen one that does not have a double coat just
soft....

There are varying  degrees of Long Coats, some are only slightly  long but
others, well can be and hairy or more so than a Collie.  All are  incorrect
coats.

Deb

In a message dated 7/13/2009 7:52:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
DARLINBOO@xxxxxxx writes:
I, too,  would like to know the difference between a "long coat" and an
"OPEN  coat" ???   Saw a bitch that I thought was a long coat but was
told it
was an open coat????
Sarah
**************Summer concert  season is here! Find your favorite artists on
tour at TourTracker.com.
(http://www.tourtracker.com/?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000006)

POST  is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org

**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.