[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD in Canada

  • From: Bob Stevenson <trimblyn@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 15:46:46 +0000

As many are aware there was a proposal sent to the CKC regarding a changeto our
breed standard to remove the disqualification on white dogs.  The GSDCCinformed
the CKC that we would not be asking for any standard changes at thistime.  Part
two of this story played out the the CKC board meeting held September13th and
14th.  A proposal was submitted to the board to have them recognize theWhite
Swiss Shepherd Dog as a breed and put it on their Miscellaneous Breeds List.
The GSDC of Canada opposed this recognition on the grounds that the WSSD hadthe
same DNA structure as the GSD making both German Shepherd Dogs.  I havejust
received word that the CKC board turned the request down because the WSSDcould
not be shown to have different DNA.
At least for the time being things remain the same here, no breed standard
change andno separation into two breeds.
Bob Stevenson

http://showgsd.org/mail.html