[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD bitch needing help and a quick update....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:51:05 -0700 (PDT)

  If the person who has this girl would contact me directly, our group would be
MORE than willing to help as much as we can!
  Good news from the last of the Walker 4.....Shandra, who has been with Pat
DeChick at GSRCNY has been ADOPTED! You all might remember her as one of the
dogs who was transported to the Futurity to be picked up by Pat. This dog was
saved LITERALLY at the 11th hour along with 3 others who were all due to be
euthanized by IP injection at the horrific Walker County shelter in Georgia.
Lucky, Buddy and Gretchen have all gone on to new homes; only Shandra was
remaining. We wish her lots of cookies and love in her new home!
  Incorporation for our little endeavor is in the works, safe in the hands of
my attorney and with luck all will be in place soon!
  We want to take this time to welcome Vicki Burkey of Von Charisma Kennel to
our merry band! Vicki had been emailing me dogs in need for some time now and
we can certainly use her compassion and zeal!
  Please remember to get those 2$ donations in! You ARE making it possible for
another lost soul to find safety, a good meal, and medical care!
   We are making contacts in many states now...I have met Vivienne James from
Critter Calvary who is pulling an 8 month old GSD from the Murfreesboro
Tennessee shelter today...this is his last day! Marjorie Banks is also from
Tennessee and has offered her assistance....we would like to thank them both!
These people are NOT GSD rescue...they are all breed rescues who are stepping
up and offering their assistance and are invaluable to our cause!
We will be donating to his shots/neuter/food or whatever it takes to get this
pup  to safe haven...
  Katherine Heckman is interested in either adopting or fostering a black and
tan male who is in a shelter in Wilmington NC. Because she has children, we are
hoping that someone would step forward to physically visit this dog and do a
temperment test. Anyone who might be able to help, please post to this list!
  Rook is still critical in Indiana. They do not have boarding facilities
locally and his last day is Friday. Anyone who might be able to offer him a
place to stay until we can set up transport would be MOST appreciated!
  There is a GORGEOUS coated puppy I am working on in Hartford Ct...80 pounds
and under a year old. Anyone who might be interested in fostering/transporting
PLEASE contact me!
  More info to come! Please keep those who have no hope in your prayers...pray
that we find them in time.
Dawn

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas