[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD being replaced?

  • From: "Marcia Warshauer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "luvshepherds@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 18:39:42 +0000 (UTC)

Here is the article I read. I'm not saying there SHOULD be a cross....I'm not
saying this article is the "written law. Just a topic of conversation. BTW,
MalGer ......Just
kidding!!!!***************************************************************************************************************************
Unfortunately, I have seen tons of breeders from Holland, Belgium, and France
breeding german shepherd to malinois to get better traits for policework and do
KNPV as a sport. They are known as KNPV lines and there's no registration. The
good chance that you will be getting a good dog with no paper. Those dogs from
KNVP lines tend to be a powerful dog with full package. If a malinois bred to a
gsd, you are going to have a dog that you can't handle. (No kidding)!

I would say they aren't for "average" pet owner, experienced trainers will
know how to handle those dogs. Some of them are so dominant and aggressive. It
is the dog that police dept and military are looking for. NOT average pet
owners!

Police dept and military want dogs with intense prey drive, speed, and agile
which Malinois has and the strength and size that the GSD

Don't think cross breeds are being used! Where are you getting this
information? Lackland Air Force base in San Antonio has been using GSDs and
Mals for many years, but I don't think they cross breed them! I sent one of
my dogs there in 1988 but he was " dis-charged" after six weeks and sent back
to me because he was unresponsive to the military handler! I got the idea
when Carmen was gSDCA president! (Term limits?) he wrote in the review that
the military was looking for protection GSDs and Maliniois! I think crossing
the two is NOT a good idea! I still have his discharge papers! When he died
it was the first time my son had ever seen me cry!....Ed