[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Rescue

  • From: barbmarkh@xxxxxxx
  • To: shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 11:24:52 -0500

Hi Michael -
I was interested to read that in your area that the GSD rescue problem seems to
be under control . . .I live in the Southeast and weekly we see 15 to 20? or
more pure breed German Shepherds in the animal control shelters. . . Petfinder
and Pet Harbor don't update their sites regularly and some of the animal
controls don't even have a web site.? GSD.com is presently one of the few sites
that track the gsd's in trouble and even they don't get all of them posted.? I
know that looking at Petfinder makes one think that very few shelters recognize
what is or isn't a pure breed GSD - but - it's the best source we have. . . I
believe that the SE and Ohio are the hot spots - that is not to say that other
areas don't periodically have many that need help - but I believe that these
two areas need help weekly keeping pure breed GSD from being pts.?
JMHO
Barb Hefner
Marquin GSD