[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD Puppy MIll in Southern Missouri ----Update

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 05:43:46 -0500 (EST)

Forwarded information:

  From: Michelle Werts <michellewerts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: USAnimalProtect@xxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:49:36 -0600
Subject: RE: Puppy mill in southern Missouri

I have had an overwhelming response from the GSD community nationwide
and I think we have homes for all of the GSDs, just working on transport
now. We've taken food and straw down yesterday so the dogs all have
food and warm straw this week and we're planning another pull this
weekend. May not get all of them out, but we'll probably have another HUGE
pull day. I think we've got this about covered now. Money is always needed
for vetting and transport help is always appreciated. We've got rescues
all over the country ready to take these dogs, some in rescue, some for
service, etc.

Thanks

GSD UPDATE:

We pulled 11 GSDs yesterday (adults and pups). Most went to an OK
rescue, 3 are at our vet clinic for vetting this week. The three we pulled
are all 13 months old, 1 blue female and 2 blk/tan males. If you are
interested in adopting from our rescue the adoption fee is $250. If you
are a rescue we can transfer to you if you pay the vetting fees. Contact
me for details.

We are working on another pull for this weekend. If your rescue can
take any GSDs please let me know. If you can meet us to pick up dogs, that
is most helpful. We can transport to St. Louis or Kansas City, but will
have to arrange for transport beyond that point.

Donations can be sent to: "Serendipity German Shepherd Dog Rescue"
please write "puppy mill" in the memo line send to:
Michelle Werts
8500 S Barry Rd
Columbia, MO 65201

We will send a receipt to you for tax purposes as we are a 501c3
not-for-profit rescue.

Please understand that we are getting 100s of emails each day so we are
responding as quickly as possible. If you are responding please make
sure to send your complete contact information and location so that we
can coordinate our pulls and transports.

Thank you.

Michelle Werts
SGSD Rescue
  ============================

  Good news from a horrible situation! Yipeeee!

  Colleen Donnelly

                                             GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED
BETTERMENT REGISTRY

The only way to understand & estimate the nature of the dog is to study his
whole development. Such a task requires a sympathetic, dog-loving observer, who
tries as far as possible to enter into the innermost mind of the dog, and who
will know how to short-circuit all his purely human points of view. --Max von
Stephanitz