[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Judges

  • From: "Kay Reamensnyder" <bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx" <EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:57:19 -0800

Ah, Fred.....your making this way to complicated.

Judging the breeds are the hardest.........that's where all the work is
done.
By the time you get to Group, some one has pretty well "weeded your garden"
for you.
 When it comes to Best In Show.....it is a matter of personal opinion as to
who is BEST.
These dogs don't get to BIS without being outstanding represenatives of
their breed.
Trust me, by the time a judge can "judge " BIS, they have spent along time
around other
breeds, groups of breeds and the people who exhibit them and breed them.

I guess I had better get in gear.........I'm 65 and I only judge the
Herding Group and part of
the Working Group.....let's see, that gives me 29 years to learn enough to
judge BIS.

---Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
---bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
---VISIT OUR WEBSITE:http://home.earthlink.net/~bedkar