[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD IN TROUBLE!

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 06:56:30 -0700 (PDT)

Where is Rialto?
 Joan F. Fox
website: http://www.campaignersgsds.com
17500 Haskins Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
Home & Fax: 440-543-9165
Cell: 440-759-4119

________________________________
From: "Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx" <Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, July 4, 2010 9:49:39 AM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD IN TROUBLE!

This is part of a letter that was sent to me yesterday:

There is a pet German Shepherd that appears to have been  dumped up at the
Rialto Airport and I think that she has been running wild up  there for
some time.  She had a litter of puppies under a concrete slab in  the water
reservoir.  I spoke to a workman up there and they said that she  has been
begging for food.  They have been giving her part of their lunch,  but they are
now done with the job there and would not be coming back.  He  also told me
that there were 4 puppies total, because when they turned on the  water
flood controls, 3 of the puppies crawled out and they pulled the  4th one out.
They then put the puppies back.  The workman told me he  does not know how
often the water is released.  The last time he saw it  flood was a week or
two ago.
A few hours later when it was  cooler, Ray and I went back with a
flashlight and chow.  After climbing  down, I could only see 1 puppy under the
slab
along with the mother.  She  would not come out so I then left her some water
and the food.  The next  afternoon I went back and climbed down and looked
under the slab again and mom  came out but ran from me up to the top of the
water reservoir (which is fenced  with a gate) where she watched me.  She
never growls or makes any  aggressive moves; she is just scared to death and,
of course, worries about her  puppy.  I looked under the slab where at this
point I could see the puppy  pretty good.  It appears to be about 4-6 weeks
old and looks like a  purebred shepherd.  One puppy still nursing and mom! I
donâ??t know what  happened to the other puppies, maybe the workman decided
to take them after I  left or a coyote may have gotten them.
Anyway, what really concerns me is  that the water reservoir automatically
releases the water and floods the den  where the pup is.
I know I can get the puppy out but I  donâ??t know if she would let me catch
her and I donâ??t have a place you put them  if I could.  Do you know someone
who could take them?  Is there any  local rescue groups?
Thanks for any  help,
Kathleen Farmer
(_kshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:kshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) )
If there is ANYONE out in the Rialto  area that can help this dog and her
baby, PLEASE contact me or Kathleen at the  above email address.
thanks,
Diane
Diane Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog
is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.