[ SHOWGSD-L ] GSD Dragged....

  • From: ArDeJay@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:26:53 EDT

This article appeared in a Mi.paper....(Makes me sick)
Donna Jacot,ArDeJay

Man arrested after cop sees dog being dragged behind car

FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
By Bryn Mickle
bmickle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx â?¢ 810.766.6383
FLINT - A man was arrested Tuesday afternoon after he allegedly dragged his
German Shepherd down the street behind his car.
The elderly dog was able to run for a while but fell, resulting in
quarter-size holes in his legs, said Genesee County animal control officer
Jenny
Plowman.
"There were chunks of his legs missing," Plowman said.         From Our
Advertiser

(http://ads1.advance.net/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/www.mlive.com/xml/story/N/NEF/1287781961/StoryAd/MICHIGANLIVE/AV_INTERCO_MI04/nostory.html/636462633734
30373433303338656230)

(http://ads.mlive.com/RealMedia/ads/click_nx.ads/www.mlive.com/xml/story/N/NEF/@StoryAd?x)

Plowman said the dog left a bloody streak along E. Baltimore Boulevard near
N. Saginaw Street.
"It disgusts me," she said.
An off-duty Flint police officer apparently spotted the dog being dragged and
 stopped the vehicle.
"The cop was yelling at him," said E.T. Williams, who watched the events
unfold from his E. Baltimore Boulevard porch.
Williams said he didn't think the dog was badly injured.
"I didn't see no blood," he said, adding that he brought out some water for
the dog.
The dog's owner was arrested but released after the Genesee County Jail would
 not lodge him, police said.
The 85-pound dog was taken to a veterinarian to have its wounds flushed and
is being held at the Genesee County animal shelter, Plowman said.
"He's being so good," she said.
***