[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Colors

  • From: Morton Goldfarb <janandmort@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bruiser@xxxxxxxxxx" <bruiser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 20:59:36 -0600

Great easy explanation Bob
Now if we could figure out other genetic characteristics with certainty then we
could breed the perfect specimen ( in some eyes)
Nature culls those in the wild that have faults structurally and mentally and
incest breeding is rampant ---ever wonder why all the deer look alike?? Incest
breeding and very close line breeding of strong to strong is the answer!!
We cannot do this nor should we as it is difficult for us to cull strongly---
so we are where we are
I remember friends telling me tales if top breeders,many years ago, that would
incest breed and have superstars BUT you had to catch them with a net they were
so spooky and I could go on and on but enough for now. Remember the temperament
we want is a recessive gene !!

Our breed has and continues to evolve and the future is bright in spite of what
some say. "Their glass is always half empty"
Morton

"In the end it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many
moments took your breath away"

Morton Goldfarb,M.D. FACS
CEO ENT ASSOC OF AL, PC

http://showgsd.org/mail.html