[ SHOWGSD-L ] GS PUP for Sandy Hook survivor

  • From: ropajagsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 12:23:53 -0500 (EST)

That would be awesome if arrangements can be made to get the puppy (that
Elizabeth has offered) to this family....

Having learned my lesson, I am trying not to assume anything anymore.....so
(with no offense intended to anyone) has it been confirmed that the home
situation is conducive to the care and training for this young puppy...

From an emotional standpoint, (child's birthday after the trauma of the storm
etc) it sounds like it would be a great thing...but I am wondering if the care
of a new puppy might not increase the stress level in the home after the
initial welcome of the 'teddy bear" is over;

It is not mentioned in the original post if this family, other than loving the
breed, has experience or knows the extent of the care and upbringing of our
breed and whether they have what is needed to take care of this young puppy. I
know with the many storm damages, maybe, their housing is temporary, maybe they
no longer have a fenced area...and those are just environmental issues; this
mom has three young children; if the oldest is seven, there is really not a lot
of help available for the puppy as I would imagine with three children of that
age, the mom has her hands totally full.

Again, let me repeat, I am only asking.....I am not condemning....all of us
from time to time have jumped in to help short term and sometimes without
thinking of what else would be needed or the long term needs....My sincere
apologies to Bob & Edie if my questions give offense....but since I have no
knowledge of the family dynamics nor the environmental surroundings....I am
only thinking of the puppy!...Pauline

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 06:28:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Bob & Edie <legatehill@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: GS PUP for Sandy Hook survivor

I received a call from a Sandy Hook survivor's mother that I know. She wants to
get her a GS puppy for her 7th Birthday next week. She is a stay at home mother
with 2 other smaller children. They all love German Shepherds Unfortunitely I
will not be having puppies until Spring. I am asking for help to locate a puppy
for her for next week. The puppy will not be a show dog but a little girls
teddy
bear. She lost five of her close friends . Temperment is the utmost. Any help
will be Greaatly appreciated by all those involved.

Edie

  Made out of 100% recycled pixels
Home of AOE GV MV Am../Can. Sel. Excellent Ch. Marhaven's And The Beat Goes On
OFA, RN, TC,CGC, ROM� OFA(BONO)  www.legatehill.com.