[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GENETICS

  • From: Ginialtman@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 19:01:20 EDT

Whatcha' say, FB
I saw your other post--about "how until you read Doc Zoe's post.etc  ..."
Hehehe!  and to think -- I  was willing to post my  question publicly:-) I
guess I had it coming--thanks for the offer of the help  of a working flower
boy--I'll let you know if I need your professional  assistance:-)
Ginny

In a message dated 7/9/2009 4:46:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
hey Ginny....for 100 bucks, I'll answer your question...I'm a  professional
now,
a working flower boy!...lol....FB

Date: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 2:33 PM

Hey, Great!!
I have a speech project coming up  and have to talk on an Abstract
Concept--now I have the  subject matter--
now I only have to do the research and grasp the  concept  myself:-)
The question is:  Will "Genetics for  Dummies" do  it???????

Ginny Altman

From: "Doc Zoe"  <_wynsum@xxxxxxxx
(http://us.mc819.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=wynsum@xxxxxxx) >
Date: Thu, 9  Jul 2009  15:53:32 -0400
Subject: Tried and true way or do you  go with your  gut?

We have a saying that was taught to us  the first week of  GENETICS

Phylogeny recapitulates  ontogony

Phylogeny:The  evolutionary development of an  organism
Ontogony: The origin and development  of an  individual organism from
embryo
to adult.
What you get is based  upon  the genetics

Doc Zoe
Wynsum  _http://wynsumgsd.com_ (http://wynsumgsd.com/)

From: "Doc Zoe"  <_wynsum@xxxxxxxx
(http://us.mc819.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=wynsum@xxxxxxx) >
Date:   Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:56:55 -0400
Subject: GENETICS

My genetics  teach  went against the grain:

The theory of  recapitulation, also called the  biogenetic law or
embryological parallelism, and
often expressed as   "ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny", was put forward by
Ã?tienne  Serres in
1824â??26 as what became known as the "Meckel-Serres  Law" which attempted to

provide a link
between  comparative embryology and a "pattern of unification"  in the
organic world.

**************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on
tour at TourTracker.com.
(http://www.tourtracker.com/?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000006)