[ SHOWGSD-L ] GCH in performance

  • From: Stephanie Cross <crosswind45@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 09:40:44 -0800

I'm with Kay.  It's important to show the performance folks what good
structure looks like doing work.  My favorite stories:

1) Sophie went to an obedience workshop a few months ago where the judge
complemented her on her strong rear.  One of the people at ringside shouted
out "That's because she's not a conformation dog." My friend gleefully
answered,  "But no, she's a Grand Champion!"

2)  When Sophie earned her HT in herding, the judge kept her working the
sheep for longer than she needed.  Her handler asked if we weren't finished
and the judge said where everyone could hear "I just love watching her move
around the sheep."

Stephanie Cross
DAE GCH Crosswinds Vision Quest of BrownHill TD PT TC CHIC ("Sophie"}