[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GANDALF/He Did His Job

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: lfossland@xxxxxxx, skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:24:28 EDT

In a message dated 3/21/2007 2:17:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lfossland@xxxxxxx writes:
This  really bothers me. Lets say, it has been verified that Randalf is
indeed a  Shiloh dog, but he is still a German Shepherd Dog, right? Just
because he  was bred to be larger than our standard does not mean that he is
not   worthy of being recognized. If someone were to try and breed for
smaller  than standard and this dog were to perform a heroic deed would we
not  recognize that?
We are still talking about a German Shepherd. We are not  asking this dog to
perform in the conformation ring, we are not trying to  breed to him. Are we
too narrow minded to not recognize this boy just  because he does not conform
to our standard?
JMHO - Lee  F.

Shiloh Shepherds are NOT German Shepherds.  Helen Miller Fisher  already
posted that she is asking the club Pres to send a letter of recognition  to
this
wonderful dog, on behalf of our club.  That's more than any club  has ever done
for OUR hero dogs.

The club awards should remain for GSD only. I don't think we can afford to
award every dog for every heroic act. But we can graciously extend a
congratulation and recognition. And we should. Maybe this will start a trend of
 good
will among all the breed clubs.

JMO

Ileana