[ SHOWGSD-L ] GANDALF/He Did His Job

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:05:45 EDT

In a message dated 3/21/2007 11:17:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
lfossland@xxxxxxx writes:
Lets  say, it has been verified that Randalf is
indeed a Shiloh dog, but he is  still a German Shepherd Dog, right?

No, he is a German shepherd bred out of the breed to other  dogs, and
therefore he is not a registered German shepherd.

I see no reason not to honor any dog that does a good thing,  but it is not
what the hero dog award is about. We set up an award to honor  certain German
shepherds.

If we want to start an award for any dog that does a good  thing, that might
be another thing to consider. But, we can't honor a mixed  breed as the German
shepherd hero dog.

We don't allow a white German shepherd to win the obedience  Victor award at
the National.  These awards have a limit on them, and we  need to recognize
that.

This particular dog does not fit the limits of our Hero Dog.  If we want to
recognize him for something else, then that is what we should and  can do.
There are dogs doing great things all the time, and maybe we could  even
recognize the three legged pig.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together