[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fwd: sometimes you win when you lose

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <horizonholdings@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 23:24:13 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: horizonholdings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: sometimes you win when you lose

Joe Beccia writes.............. ( clipped  ) ..........
I do feel bad for the people in the west for having the Colorado National moved
away from them. I loved this site and
I have family in Denver and was looking forward to the show there.   I also
felt bad for the people in the east for having
Lexington taken away from them by the prior Board.    If you want to be angry
do so at the the individuals that presided
over the lose of $190,000.00 dollars in three years and caused  this move to be
necessary.
I also read in one of the posts that all the figures presented were not correct
and the Colorado site is not that much
higher than Purina.   If this is the case I am sure the Board will find the
correct figures and act accordingly.

 Joe Beccia  Signature German Shepherds

*  I'm sure the entire membership would love to hear who "presided" over the
loss of  $190,000.00 in ANY
   amount of time..... let alone in three years!!?
*  We live in the West......and we were also looking forward to Lexington.    I
don't think this is East &
   West issues?     (  Colorado really isn't  "West" ......unless you pick some
place in Kansas as Central
   and go with St. Louis or Kentucky as East  )
   Most of us that exhibit just want good sites that are possible to get to
within reason and with the dogs!

*  Colorado could have been on the 'A list'  for a permanent site... and we
risk losing it by breaking the contract
   and will now go to great expense to look for another suitable one.........as
with S.Cal. in January?
   If they were not correct in their figures......possibly the vote should not
have been taken until they were sure??

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com